Friday, July 17, 2020

July 8th

Wednesday morning! 😊

You are loved!




The Precision of Ordained Worship?

By those who come near Me I will be treated as holy, and before all the people I will be honored. Leviticus 10:3 (NASB)

Worship is something that God does not take lightly. He is very particular. Aaron’s sons Nadab and Abihu, offered “strange fire” before the Lord and it cost them their lives (Lev. 10:1). Same with us when we offer worship that is strange to what God has commanded. We may not die physically but there is an element of death that severs our true fellowship with God.

God, since the beginning of time, has been very precise about how He wants to be revered. Adam and Eve “traded the cool of the day” for a lie, Cain chose “unrepentance” over life. You see, worship is not something we “do” on Sunday morning, worship is something we “are” daily, and our overflow should occur on Sunday morning in our fellowship gatherings.

Being a former Chaplain in the NFL, I’ve seen many a team, after practicing all week what they plan to do, then on game day they are at an emotional peak to put it all on the line! Well, similarly but not the same, what might it be like if we arrived at church from practicing our worship of God in spirit and truth (John 4:24) during the week and find ourselves at a passionate peak to worship Him in His holiness!

The gospel of John tells us that God is the one who determines when He has been worshiped. He is the one who is seeking those who will worship Him (spirit and truth), using the standard of holiness to determine a pass or fail. Understanding this, should give us a heightened appreciation for the grace and mercy He extends us when we are not reverentially precise in our worship of Him.

God tells us our worship shall be holy and honoring. This can only be done internally in spirit and truth and expressed externally as holy and honoring!

Prayer: Dear Lord,
Forgive me, I repent and ask Your forgiveness, when my worship is rote, mindless, and unholy. Restore me with the discipline of Your love so that my worship pleases You. I praise Your holy name.

In Jesus Name Amen.

Written by Pastor Milton Harding
milton@agapaisolutions.com

*Please share <><

Have a Wonderful Wednesday! 😊
www.GoodNewsGloucester.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living Our Guaranteed Hope

Monday Morning!  You are loved! Living Our Guaranteed Hope “…I saw the Lord always in my presence; for He is at my right hand, so that I wil...