Friday, July 17, 2020

July 6th

Monday Morning! 😊

You are loved!




Consumed by Cultural Thinking?

We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one. 1 John 5:19 (NASB)

We live in a time when many voices fill the air. Voices of division, deception, and dominance. Whether it is racism, unhealthy political bantering, blatant sexual immorality, etc. they all crowd the airwaves (Eph. 2:2). It is imperative that as believers we not be taken captive (Col. 2:8).

The whole world system is under heavy influence from Satan. The airwaves of social media and the like are filled with antichrist ideology that has the goal of influencing and promoting sinful thinking and behavior. Without being grounded in the word of God and practicing it we can fall prey to whatever heavy wind of thought that blows.

Jesus our Lord, during a time of satanic tempting (Matt. 4:4), gave instructions that man shall not live by bread (sensual sustenance) alone but on every word (spiritual strength) that proceeds from God’s mouth. The word of God is the protection that Jesus prayed for when He asked the Father to “keep” us from the evil one (John 17:15).

Will we go through times of temptation as Jesus did? Yes, we will.

Will the enemy attempt to influence and sway our thinking unto sinning against God? Yes, he will.

But when we practice the righteousness from our thinking, the enemy cannot touch us (1 John 5:18). Jesus truly is our refuge our strong tower from cultural corruption.

“The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous runs into it and is safe” (Proverb 18:10).

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father,
Help me to keep my mind on You by renewing it daily on your word. Help me to capture thoughts that are corrupt and contrary to your nature. Forgive me when I do not honor You with my thinking, my words, or my deeds.

In Jesus Name Amen.

Written by Pastor Milton Harding
milton@agapaisolutions.com

Have a Marvelous Monday! 😊
www.GoodNewsGloucester.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living Our Guaranteed Hope

Monday Morning!  You are loved! Living Our Guaranteed Hope “…I saw the Lord always in my presence; for He is at my right hand, so that I wil...