Friday, July 17, 2020

July 3rd

Thursday Morning! ðŸ˜Š

You are loved!


The Saga of the Superficial Disciple

So, Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” John 8:31-32 (NASB)

It’s easy to get excited when hearing the promises of God but rarely see them “alive” in your own life. If that’s true of you, is it maybe that you’re not a “true” disciple? Are you willing to answer that question and begin experiencing His promises as a lifestyle?

Jesus’s love for us is unconditional and He pours it out (Titus 3:6) on His true disciples. Jesus explicitly says, “then you are truly disciples of Mine…” If there are true disciples, then there are superficial disciples. Unfortunately, the church and the culture seemed to be filled with superficial disciples who have never surrendered their lives to the Giver of eternal life. In John 8:31 Jesus spoke to a group of Jews who had only “believed Him”. In this context they have not yet believed “in” Him (John 8:30). There is a true difference between “believing someone” and “believing in someone”. Jesus further states that continuing in His word, is a mark of a true disciple. It is continuing a lifestyle of reading His truth, meditating on His truth and living the transformed life produced by His truth.

Finally, Jesus says, “…you will “know” the truth…” To know the revelatory truth from God frees us up to live untangled by Satan’s traps. The word “know” means that there is an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ and not an intellectual concept about Jesus. The true disciple is intentional about living what he or she is taught.

If you hear the plea of my heart today settle these questions once and for all. Have you totally surrendered your life to Jesus? Is there fruit in your life that reflects that you have? Are you choosing to follow Him at all cost?

Prayer: Dear Lord, Creator of heaven and earth and the only true God. I realize today that I don’t truly belong to You. Today, I surrender. I need You as my Savior and Lord. I know I am a sinner and I believe You are my Deliverer, and today I choose to follow you. I confess to You and confess to others, that I am Yours.

In Jesus Name, Amen.

Written by Pastor Milton Harding
milton@agapaisolutions.com

Have a Tremendous Thursday! ðŸ˜Š

www.GoodNewsGloucester.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living Our Guaranteed Hope

Monday Morning!  You are loved! Living Our Guaranteed Hope “…I saw the Lord always in my presence; for He is at my right hand, so that I wil...