Sunday, July 19, 2020

You are my Steps

Sunday Morning! ๐Ÿ˜Š

 

You are loved!

 

You Are My Steps

 

 “…for we walk by faith, not by sight…”  2 Corinthians 5:7

 

In our day to day walk with the Lord, many unrighteous opportunities to wander from the grip of God’s hand will be present.   The days are dark, and our present “cultural conditions” could hinder our ability to see our way in righteousness.  But the steady hand of the Lord extends security, comfort, and “shepherding” as our faith takes steps of love with God. 

 

In our faith, we must prepare to take the steps that God ordains (Ps. 37:23).   Faith is the source of our salvation (Ephesians 2:8) and our fellowship (1John 1:7) that moves the heart of God (Mark 11:21-23) so we must consistently feed our faith on the word of God. 

 

Hear the Spirit of God from King David, “…Make me know Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths, lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You I wait all the day…” (Psalm 25:3-5).

 

 David gets it!  He understands that the word of God and the “paths” of God go together.   God’s “paths” are God’s “ways” and it is truth that sets our instruction along the way.  

 

Note the verbs David uses, “make me know”, “teach me”, and lead me”.  This is a process of discipline that should govern all of God’s children.  This is known as progressive sanctification.

 

 In a time when there are so many lies of darkness in our homes, churches, and for sure the culture, disciplined walking by truth is paramount. As the Apostle Paul says, “…I discipline my body and make it my slave…” (1 Cor. 9:27).

 

 Without discipline the paths of God become blurred and exercising our faith suffers from disobedience.  Truly the blessings are already ordained as we please God by living out our faith before Him and the world (Ephesians 1:3) and it ultimately brings God glory (Isaiah 49:3). 

 

Walk strong, Saints, our God leads us, and His paths are clearly seen!

 

Prayer:  Dear Lord our God, in these troubling times of unrest, thank You that You direct my steps.  Help me to be faithful in my walk with You and forever hold Your hand. 

 

In Jesus Name, Amen.

 

Written by Pastor Milton Harding

You can reach Pastor Milton at milton@agapaisolutions.com

 

*Please share <><

 

Have a Worshipful Sunday! ๐Ÿ˜Š

 

www.GoodNewsGloucester.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Living Our Guaranteed Hope

Monday Morning!  You are loved! Living Our Guaranteed Hope “…I saw the Lord always in my presence; for He is at my right hand, so that I wil...